Labor Day is celebrated in many countries, usually on different days, but all for the same reason: to take a break from our daily labors. We work hard for our freedoms and comforts and Labor Day is that necessary reminder that it's OK to take a break and enjoy the fruits of those labors by, well, doing nothing. 😉
Keep reading for some inspiring, funny, and downright celebratory quotes to enjoy on your letterboard this Labor Day - which is Monday, September 7th in case you needed a reminder! And remember, time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time!
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
- “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “Find something you love to do, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Harvey Mackay
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “Nothing will work unless you do” – Maya Angelou
- When you work from home, every day is casual Friday.
- A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.
- Happiness is not having to set your alarm for Monday.
- Let’s celebrate work by not doing any.
- Celebrating America’s workers, today and every day.