Labor Day is celebrated in many countries across the world, on all different days but all for the same reason: to acknowledge the hard work we do and to take a break from our daily labor. We all work hard for our freedoms and comforts, so Labor Day is a necessary reminder that it’s OK to take a break and enjoy the fruits of those labors… by doing nothing.
Jokes aside, we really do think it’s great to have a day that acknowledges the effort we all put in. We see all of you, hustling hard in your jobs, taking care of your kids, showing up for friends, paying bills, and juggling all the responsibilities that come with regular life as an adult. It takes a lot of energy to be a person and we think we all deserve a day that celebrates that. Plus, we really could use the day off of work to relax and rejuvenate! In fact, we wouldn’t mind if Labor Day got extended into Labor Week… Anyone else with us?
Another thing we love about Labor Day? Labor Day sales! Labor Day is to Summer what Black Friday is to Winter. It’s when we get all of our back to school shopping done, plus it’s the perfect time to reward ourselves for working so hard the rest of the year. Cheers to a day off of work and some new outfits, a new TV, and that Kitchen Aid mixer we’ve been eyeing. Whatever it is that you’ve been wanting that’s on sale, treat yo-self for Labor Day!
In honor of this restful holiday, we’re compiled 10 quotes for your letter board that are inspiring, funny, and celebratory! Decorate your letter board or stick them to your fridge as a reminder of what this day is all about. And remember, time enjoyed is not time wasted!
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
- “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “Find something you love to do, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Harvey Mackay
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “Nothing will work unless you do” – Maya Angelou
- When you work from home, every day is casual Friday.
- A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.
- Happiness is not having to set your alarm for Monday.
- Let’s celebrate work by not doing any.
- Celebrating America’s workers, today and every day.