We’re just going to come right out and say it: Birthdays are the best. Cake, presents, and a whole party just to celebrate the fact that you exist? Oh and also, it literally happens every single year.
Have you ever heard yourself wishing someone a happy birthday and thought to yourself, ‘man, why aren't there more interesting ways to say that?’ Turns out, there totally are! Not only does the ‘Happy Birthday’ greeting exist in just about every language, but there are also a bunch of ways to wish someone well on their special day that don’t include the words ‘Happy’ or ‘Birthday’ at all.
So, for your non-traditional birthday greeting needs, we’ve rounded up 14 ways to wish someone “HBD”. Slap one of these on your letterboard next time you're throwing a birthday bash and we guarantee your festive aesthetic will be the talk of the party!
- Happy Birthday!
- Bon Anniversaire!
- You made it another year, let’s party!
- Happy anniversary of your birth!
- Another year older, another year wiser.
- Congratulations on another trip around the sun!
- Feliz Cumpleaños!
- Be happy because you will never be as young as you are today.
- The older you get, the finer you become—just like wine.
- Buon Compleanno!
- It’s your special day--let’s celebrate!
- Happy day of birth!
- Happy anni-birth-sary!