If you ask us, Valentine’s Day should be about more than celebrating romance. There are so many forms of love in the world and all of them deserve to be acknowledged and appreciated. Whether it’s love for a partner, a child, a friend, a pet, or even yourself, love is love! And sometimes self-love is the most important of all.
So, on this day for celebrating love, let’s express our gratitude for every type of love and relationship we have in our lives!
Valentine’s Day might be traditionally associated with flowers, chocolates, and candlelit dinners, but this year we’re encouraging you to mix it up! Maybe celebration to you means taking yourself out for a manicure. Maybe it means meeting friends for dinner or drinks. Maybe it means going to a sports game or a concert. Or, maybe it means gifting yourself flowers, chocolates, and a candlelit dinner. Whatever activity you choose, take care of yourself!
Or, in the name of celebrating every type of relationship, your Valentine’s Day could be spent celebrating a friend or family member. Or taking your child to do a special one-on-one activity. Or even taking your best canine friend out for a walk in the park. If you have lots of love and energy to give, spread it around to make others feel seen, appreciated, and loved this Valentine’s Day!
If your or your loved one’s love language is words of affirmation, then listen up because we’ve got the perfect, thoughtful, word-lover gift for you to give. Put that letter board to good use this Valentine’s Day and tell them (or you) how you really feel with any of the below 14 quotes. These are some of our personal favorite ways to express our own love, and we hope you love them too. ❤️
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
- Love never gives up.
- We are most alive when we're in love.
- Love is a friendship that has caught fire.
- Where there is love, there is life.
- You’re not my number one, you’re my only one.
- Together with you is my favorite place to be.
- True love stories never have endings.
- Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.
- You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.
- Come live in my heart and pay no rent.
- For you see, each day I love you more.
- Your smile conquers my heart.
- I love it when we can be weird together.