Is there anything more satisfying than curling up and reading a really good book cover to cover? You know, the kind of book that draws you into a whole new world, so that once you start, you can’t stop turning the pages? Whether it's fiction or nonfiction, romance or action, fantasy or historical or all of the above, we truly believe that there is no better feeling than getting lost in the words of a spectacular story. If being a bookworm is wrong, then it's safe to say that we don't want to be right!
And, while we mainly love reading just because it’s fun, there are plenty of other reasons why opening a book on a regular basis is good for you! Did you know that reading books has been shown to reduce stress, promote mental health, and even help you live longer? Sign us up for a library card or an Amazon Prime account because we’ll be over here stacking up our entire future reading list on our end table (is anyone else with us?)!
We also admit that we’re the kind of readers that read more than one book at a time. We like that it gives us options. Not in the mood for a long novel? No problem! Switch over to non-fiction! And if non-fiction isn’t holding your attention, jump into a book of short stories or poetry. We’re all about mixing it up! Plus, reading multiple books at once helps us get through our TBR (for those not in the know: to be read) list more quickly!
If you too are a bookworm and are looking for the perfect literary themed quote for your office or library letter board, we've got you covered. Here are 20 quotes for all of our fellow book loving friends!
- “She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” - Annie Dillard
- Reading is dreaming with open eyes
- You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- We lose ourselves in books; we find ourselves there, too.
- A room without books is like a body without a soul.
- There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- Screens down, books up.
- A book is a dream that you hold in your hand.
- Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be.
- Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
- Don’t talk to me, I'm reading.
- Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world
- Reading is thinking
- “A child who reads will become an adult who thinks.” -Unknown
- WORDS change WORLDS
- “Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglass
- Spread the love of literacy.
- There always comes a moment when I'd rather be reading a book.
- The greatest gift is a passion for reading.
- I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.