If you lived through the 90s (are we accidentally aging ourselves??), you certainly know and love the classic Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus. And, if you didn’t, we highly recommend you watch it this Halloween season.
In case you’ve never seen it or it’s been a while since you’ve watched it (like maybe the last time you watched it was on VHS), here’s a little recap:
A teenager, Max, moves to Salem, Massachusetts and explores an old house with his sister and new friend. Although he initially says he doesn’t believe in the superstitious tale about the haunted house, he accidentally awakes a coven of witches that have been under a spell since the 1600s. With the help of a magical cat, the three kids must steal the witches’ book of spells to keep them from becoming immortal.
Sounds like a movie that bubbles over with excitement, right? We love lots of Halloween movies, but Hocus Pocus is in our top five, for sure. There’s just something about 90s nostalgia that we’ll always love. And, in our opinion, Hocus Pocus is full of outlandish comedy, bewitching laughs, and quirky lines. You’ll laugh, maybe get a little spooked, and then laugh some more!
At The Type Set Co., we make magnetic letters with retro charm and modern style. Shop our collection of spooktacular magnetic letter boards today!
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of magical quotes for your letter board. Some are from the movie and others are just perfect for those of us who are witches at heart!
If you’re ready to stir your cauldron and fly at midnight, these are for you.
- Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn and caldron bubble.
- It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus.
- When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween.
- The more wicked the better.
- “Oh, look! Another glorious morning. It makes me sick.”
- Black cats, wings of bats, and witches hats
- I put a spell on you and now you’re mine.
- “Oh, cheese and crust!”
- “It reeks of children!”
- Something wicked this way comes.
- Join our coven.
- “You know, I’ve always wanted a child. And now I think I’ll have one… on toast.”
- Beware the witching hour.
- I’m under your spell.
- “All Hallow’s Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok.”
- Prepare to die again.
- Into the night!
- “It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out.”
- We invite you to stay for a spell.
- Warning: a witch lives here. All trespassers will be used as ingredients in the brew.
- When night comes, witches fly.
- In my defense, the moon was full and I was left unsupervised.
- Who needs Halloween? I’m a witch all year.
- A witch lives here and magic is afoot.
Looking for Halloween inspiration? You can find more eerie quotes for your letter board in our blog post 31 Wickedly Witty Letter Board Quotes to Celebrate Halloween!