Calling all word nerds! Do clever quotes and funny sayings make you giggle? Do you love a good play on words? Are you particularly tickled by silly double meanings? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then I think it's safe to say that you’re our kind of people.
If we’re being completely honest, we LIVE for a good pun. Whether it’s a corny dad joke or a witty one liner, we love them all! To say we’re a little obsessed would be a gross pun-derstatement!
It’s hard to define exactly what we love so much about puns, but if we had to put it into words, we guess we’d say we love them because they’re clever! To create a good pun, you have to play with words and figure out new and creative ways to use them. There are many types of puns and they can take on all different forms - Maybe this is why it’s nearly impossible to program a computer to create puns. We guess you could say humans are the only ones with pun-chant for wordplay!
We don’t totally understand it, but some people have a strong aversion to puns. Puns have even been called the lowest hanging comedy fruit. It might be because some puns are obvious or just over the top cheesy. But we disagree. Whether the pun makes us laugh, think of words in a new light, or roll our eyes and groan… we love them all! If you’re someone who doesn’t like puns, to that we say perhaps we can come to a pun-derstanding. Once you’re less pun-familiar with our sense of humor, maybe you’ll get why we enjoy them so much!
Just remember: a truly good pun is its own reword (pun intended).
Because great puns bring so much joy to our days, we thought we’d pay it forward! We’ve rounded up 15 punny quotes that are perfect for your letter board and also sure to bring a smile to your face!
- Punsters should be drawn and quoted
- Double negatives are a big no-no.
- Synonym rolls: just like grammar used to make.
- Practice safe text: use commas.
- You're one in a melon!
- Be bold or italic. Never regular.
- I donut understand food puns.
- If you don't like sappy puns, you better leaf right now.
- Christmas puns just sleigh me
- What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta!
- Dad puns—that's how eye roll.
- Cat puns freak meowt
- I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger...then it hit me.
- Cheesy puns crack-er me up!
- If you were a fruit, you'd be a fine-apple!
Featured Image: 15x15 Magnetic Letter Board Slate in Black Chalkboard with Soft Magnetic Letters in Wild Honey