School is out for the Summer! Well, almost.
Before we can think about vacation plans, soaking up the sun, summer camps, and lounging around on the beach, we have to finish all of the end of the school year activities. There are tests to take, homework to forget (senior-itis, amiright?), and class parties to enjoy!
We started the year with sharpened pencils, new crayons, a fresh haircut, and a positive attitude. And now we’re ending it with flat erasers and torn notebooks, but also with closer friendships and a lot more knowledge in our heads. Sounds like a good tradeoff, if you ask us.
Whatever grade you’re in and whatever kind of school you attend, the last day of school is bittersweet. It’s the end of something and endings are often a little sad. But it’s also the beginning of the rest and relaxation we all need and then another new school year, which you’ll enter a little older, a little wiser, and maybe a little more tan from your Summer travels.
On the last day of school, it’s time to say bye to all of our friends, classmates, and teachers. It’s the day to get our yearbooks signed and clean out our lockers. If you’re a teacher, grades are done! And if you’re a parent, summer plans are made (maybe)! We’re all ready to enjoy ourselves for the next few months and then start the school year all over again in the Fall!
In honor of the last day of the school year, here are 16 quotes for your letter board that can be appreciated by students, teachers, and parents alike!
- The two best days of school: the first and the last.
- The first day of school: the day when the countdown to the last day of school begins.
- Finish the year strong!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Suess
- Let the next adventure begin! Happy last day!
- Look how far you’ve come!
- Happiness is the last day of school!
- A teacher’s three favorite words: June, July, and August
- You remind me of school in the summertime: no class.
- “No, you can’t have extra credit. It’s the last day of school.” - Every teacher
- School’s out for the summer. School's out forever.
- No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher’s dirty looks.
- So long, school! Hello, Summer!
- School is out! Scream and shout!
- Keep calm and finish strong.
- Every end is a beginning.
Getting ready to go back to school? Check out our blog post with 10 Back to School Quotes for Letter Boards!