You could say we’re big believers in using good grammar and correct punctuation. If you’re here, we suspect you might be a Word Nerd too… so we’re all in good company!
It drives us crazy when someone uses the incorrect there, their, or they’re. But if you know the difference between affect and effect or less and fewer, we’re ready to be your best friend! And although some people might not think it matters, we’re ready to argue with anyone who challenges the importance of the Oxford comma.
Okay, okay. We’re not that big of sticklers about grammar and we probably won’t correct yours to your face. We even like to break the rules every once in a while (how many sentences can you find that begin with conjunctions in this post?). But we absolutely do think that having good grammar is cool and that expressing yourself clearly is an excellent skill to have.
Every time we read an inspiring quote or a well articulated thought (which is every day here at The Type Set Co.!), we’re reminded of why it’s important. Good grammar and correct punctuation are part of communicating well and communicating is how we connect with other people… and connecting with other people is one of the ways we make an impact on the world! So, you could say it’s kind of a big deal.
To show our love for language, here are 22 well written quotes about grammar and punctuation for your letter board!
- Let’s eat kids. Let’s eat, kids. Punctuation saves lives!
- I try to keep an open mind about everything except grammar and punctuation.
- No more tequila! No, more tequila! (Punctuation matters.)
- I am silently correcting your grammar.
- Apostrophes can be so possessive.
- I wish correcting the grammar on public signs wasn’t considered vandalism.
- Tense? Moody? Irregular? You must be a verb.
- I’m craving synonym rolls just like Grammar used to make.
- The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
- I’m so adjective, I verb noun.
- Hyperbole: the greatest literary device in the history of the world!
- Similes are like metaphors.
- English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
- When comforting the grammar police, I always say softly, “There, their, they’re.”
- Your dinner versus you’re dinner: one leaves you nourished and the other leaves you dead.
- Grammar Police and proud of it.
- Theiyr’re. Take that, Grammar Police.
- Misuse of the word literally makes me figuratively insane.
- The attractiveness of good grammar cannot be overstated.
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. Incorrect grammar will never be cute.
- Rule #1 in arguments: If you’re losing, start correcting their grammar.
- My life is a constant battle between wanting to correct grammar and wanting friends.
Our Soft Magnetic Letter Sets not only come with all the letters you need to spell your favorite sayings, quotes or phrases, they also come with all the punctuation you need to do it correctly!Looking for more grammatically correct quote inspiration? Check out our blog post 13 Letter Board Quotes about Grammar!