11 Quotes to Welcome Guests Into Your HomeQuote Ideas
Is there anything better than gathering at home on a cold winter night with family and friends? As the weather gets cooler, we dream of cozy evenings at home with a fire in the fireplace, a delicious meal on the table, and friends gathered around the table telling stories and laughing together. It makes our hearts warm just thinking about it!
We love to entertain those we care about, so we’ve picked up a few tips through the years for making our home feel super welcoming and setting everyone at ease. The main things we’ve learned is that it’s all about the experience. It doesn’t matter if your house is immaculately clean (ours rarely is!) or perfectly decorated.
What makes the atmosphere feel homey is if you engage the senses! Burn a candle or put a pan of brownies in the oven so your house smells amazing. Set out some soft, plush blankets around the living room and fluff your throw pillows. Turn on some relaxing music. If it’s a dinner party, you can’t go wrong with comforting, nostalgic foods. Ask good questions or have some conversation topics ready (we love these cards for ideas!). Trust us when we say your guests won’t even notice some toys that are out or a pile of laundry that needs to be washed if you create a place where they can feel relaxed and forget their stresses!
The same principles apply anytime of year, but we find there’s something particularly satisfying and comforting about having people over this time of year!
Every time we invite family, friends, or even strangers into our home, it reminds us that the most important things in life aren’t things and to celebrate that important truth, we’ve put together a list of quotes about welcoming guests into your home. Displaying one of these quotes is a great way to set the tone for your guests as they come into your house! We hope they inspire you as you host those you love this season!
- The best times are always found when friends and family gather round.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- The most cherished moments are those we spend together.
- Good food. Good times. Good company.
- It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.
- Memories are the best gift of all.
- ‘Tis the season of celebration, happiness, joy, gifts, gatherings, and good food.
- May all who come as guests leave as friends.
- Gather with grateful hearts.
- Welcome and enter with a happy heart.
- The fondest memories are made when gathered around a table
If you’re displaying one of these quotes in your entryway or living room for guests to see as they arrive, we like the idea of using magnetic foam letters in calming, muted colors, such as Wild Honey or Autumn Maple!