We all have creativity inside of us, but we each express our creativity in different ways. Some of us are graphic designers, some are painters, musicians, actors, or dancers. And then there are creatives who look at the world through the lens of their camera in order to capture and memorialize the world around them. If you’re a photographer, this one is for you!
We think photography is not only an incredible art form, it’s important to society and to the world. Photography helps us to capture and remember important moments. Photography lets us accurately recall loved ones and keep history alive. They can portray happy memories but can also communicate current events and tragedies in order to move people to action.
And photographers are the ones who see it all and share it with us.
The saying “a picture is worth a thousand words,” is frequently used for a reason. Sometimes pictures provide us with something words just can’t. For example, we could use words to describe a loved one’s personality or even features, but seeing a picture of them is meaningful in a completely different way!
Whether it’s photojournalism, family portraits, wedding candids, landscapes photos, or even every day snaps to post on social media, photographs help us to communicate things that are meaningful and that we want to remember and share.
To our lens-loving friends, we come to you today with quotes about photography that we hope inspire you to use your letter board AND photograph it (see what we did there?). But in all seriousness, we know how hard you work and appreciate the beauty you add to our world. Take a peek at the quotes below and don’t forget to share your photos with us on social media!
- “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” - Ansel Adams
- “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.” - Alfred Eisenstaedt
- “Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.” - David Alan Harvey
- “When I have a camera in my hand, I know no fear” - Alfred Eisenstaedt
- “Essentially what photography is is life lit up.” - Sam Abell
- “I don’t trust words. I trust pictures.” - Gilles Peress
- “Only photograph what you love.” - Tim Walker
- A picture is a poem without words.
- When life gets blurry, adjust your focus.
- A photograph is a pause button of life.
- Photographers can freeze time. What’s your superpower?
- Oh, snap!
- Photographers have to deal with a lot of crop.
- We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.
- Walk softly and carry a big lens.