We’ve officially entered tax season. *groan*
We’re sending a special tax season shoutout to our fellow entrepreneurs. If you own your business or have more than one stream of income, we feel your pain. We love what we do, but we definitely don’t do it for the easy tax season!
Whatever type of income you have, it’s time to get out your 1099s or W-2s, your spreadsheets, and all of the itemized receipts you’ve been collecting. Get comfortable, pour yourself a giant mug of coffee, enter all the info… and hope for a great tax return.
If you ask us, we think wine and chocolate should count as business expenses and we should be able to claim our dogs as dependents. Is that what people mean by tax reform? Because we could get behind those changes.
The good news is, once you’ve put all the info into your tax software or sent it all off to your CPA, you can breathe a sigh of relief and forget that taxes exist for another year! Well… besides the paperwork and organizing that happens all year long in preparation for next year’s tax season.
No one enjoys paying taxes, but we thought we’d lighten things up with some funny tax quotes for your letter board. Cheers to a tax season that’s as painless as possible!
- “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.” - Albert Einstein
- 99 percent of people get their taxes done on time. Finally I’m in the 1 percent!
- I’m so glad I learned about parallelograms instead of how to do taxes. That will come in handy this parallelogram season.
- It’s a nice feeling to get your tax refund until you realize it was your money in the first place.
- Who got their tax refund back? Call me. I miss hanging out!
- Every year I make the same mistake on my taxes… I try doing them myself.
- Taxes are a fine for doing well.
- “Tax season just flew by!” said no CPA ever
- Two things are unavoidable in this world: death and taxes
- I believe we should all pay our taxes with a smile. I tried, but they wanted cash.
- Tax question: Can I claim the voices in my head as dependents?
- How do you a social security number for a dog? Asking for a friend.
- IRS: Income Removal Service
- Dear IRS, I’m writing to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
- The best things in life are free… until the government finds a way to tax them.
- I’m spending the year dead for tax reasons.