Happy Earth Day! We think Earth Day is one of the more underappreciated holidays. Afterall, what could be more important than the planet we live on that provides our access to water, soil, light, and every ecosystem that keeps us alive? Yeah, it’s kind of a big deal.
There are so many ways we can celebrate the earth, today and every day, by making healthier choices for ourselves and the planet we live on. Little steps in the right direction make a huge difference! Maybe it’s riding your bike for your next errand instead of driving your car. Planting flowers that attract and encourage pollinators. Supporting a local or regenerative farm instead of industrial, factory agriculture. Cleaning up trash from a beach, park, or waterway. Or buying a reusable water filter instead of buying single-use plastic bottles. Choosing one way to support our planet and committing to it can make a larger impact than you might think!
There are also lots of official Earth Day events you can take part in around the official holiday on April 22nd! You can find out more about events in your local area on the Earth Day website.
We think it’s important to keep in mind that the earth keeps us alive and we keep the earth alive. That’s why Earth Day matters! It’s a reminder to all of us to take care of our home, for the good of every living thing. And, while we should care about that every day, having a day where we honor and celebrate our planet is a great way to inspire ourselves and others.
We’ve come up with some perfect letter board quotes that can be used year round to remind yourself about the importance of caring for the world around us.
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” - Wendell Berry
- “Love the earth as you would love yourself.” - John Denver
- Shout out to the planet for keeping us grounded.
- Hey Earth, you rock!
- A clean ocean is a happy ocean.
- Let’s clean up our act – and while we’re at it, the planet.
- Zero waste, zero guilt.
- Let’s nurture nature.
- Be a force of nature.
- Stand for what you stand on.
- Save the earth. It’s the only planet with chocolate!
- The Earth does not belong to us. We belong to the Earth.
- Save the trees and the bees!
- Love your Mother.
- May the forest be with you.
- There is no planet B.
- Nature is not a place to visit. It’s home.
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.