15 Funny and Motivational Quotes about HomeworkQuote Ideas
When you think of homework, what comes to mind?
Maybe you think of worksheets and penmanship. Maybe you think of math drills and word problems. Maybe you think of busywork and time spent on unnecessary tasks.
Whatever you think of, we’re pretty sure most people don’t have a positive association with homework. For kids, it means extra school work when school hours are over and they just want to play. For parents, it means time spent supervising or coaxing after a long day at work. And, for teachers, it means hours of grading once the kids go home.
But, in defense of homework, we think there are some good reasons it exists that make us want to change our negative mindset about it! Homework helps to build responsibility and teach kids to work independently. It develops good study habits in students and can boost self-esteem and develop confidence. Afterall, everyone loves to see that bright red “100%” or “good job!” at the top of their paper! Some homework can help to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. And it definitely teaches life lessons about time management.
At the end of the day, doing tasks that aren’t the most fun but are necessary is a part of life that teaches self-discipline. So here’s to buckling down, focusing hard, and knocking out your homework each day!
We’ve put together a list of 15 quotes about homework to help you look on the bright side of after-school learning. Some are motivational and some poke fun at what can seem like drudgery, but all of them are perfect for your letter board or other magnetic surface in your home or classroom!
- H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K. Half My Energy is Wasted on Random Knowledge
- Homework: the teacher's way of finding out how smart the parents are!
- I don’t procrastinate. I save my homework until the last minute so that, by the time I do it, I’ll be older and wiser.
- Study hard, do good, and the good life will follow.
- Time flies when you’re avoiding homework.
- Procrastination is the thief of time.
- Stay positive. Work hard. Get it done.
- Study as if you know nothing. Work as if you can solve everything.
- That feeling when you can’t find the answers to your homework on Google
- “Yay! Homework!” - no student ever
- Alexa, do my homework.
- The teacher can always tell when you did your homework on the bus.
- “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” - Amelia Earhart
- When in doubt, clear your desk, tie up your hair, grab a coffee, and just start.
- Focus on being productive instead of busy.