We think gamers get a bad rap.
Maybe it’s because people who aren’t into gaming just don’t get what it’s about. Maybe it’s because they live partially in an alternate reality that not everyone is experiencing. Or maybe it’s just because gaming isn’t for everyone.
But we think gaming is great. Games are full of adventure. They’re a chance to become a character who has personality traits and abilities that we may not have ourselves. They require problem solving and creativity to get past obstacles and move on to higher levels. Video games can even increase your fine motor skills and help you to become more persistent. Studies have shown all kinds of positive benefits to gaming that you might not expect. Adults who play video games might even be happier than other people!
But our favorite thing about video games is that they allow us to use our imagination and explore worlds that we might not have the opportunity to visit in real life. That’s pretty cool, if you ask us.
If you love gaming, we know you’ll love this list of 20 quotes for gamers. Choose your favorites, grab some colorful magnet letters, and design your letter board with quotes about your favorite hobby. Display these around your home or wherever you game to bring a smile to your face or to show those around you what love about video games!
If you’re looking for us, we’re saving the world. See you around dinner time!
- I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer – I have lots of lives.
- I went outside once. The graphics weren’t that good.
- I paused my game to be here.
- Everything is under control.
- Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
- It’s-a me, Mario!
- Escape reality and play games
- Tips on how to talk to someone when they’re gaming: don’t.
- When life gets hard, it means you just leveled up.
- I can’t hear you. I’m gaming.
- Not now. I’m saving the world.
- Reality is broken but game designers can fix it.
- Life is a video game. No matter how good you get, you are always zapped in the end.
- Finish him!
- Failure doesn’t mean game over. It means try again with more experience.
- Just one more game.
- Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
- Don’t play the game. Win it.
- I have a dream that one day my mom will understand that online games cannot be paused.
- That moment when you finish a game and don’t know what to do with your life.