Every year Spring feels so fresh and so new! The sun is back! The air feels fresher! We’re ready to open all the windows, feel a cool breeze, and watch the flowers bloom.
We guess that’s why Spring cleaning was invented - Nature is refreshing itself, so it seems like the perfect time to make our homes (and our minds) clean and orderly again too. We’ll be the first to admit, we don’t *love* cleaning. Who does? But there’s something about this time of year that really motivates us to start with a clean slate and organize the mess that’s accumulated since last year’s Spring cleaning.
It’s time to get to those household items we don’t regularly get to. We’re ready to deep clean all of our kitchen appliances, reorganize our file cabinets, and laundry strip every set of sheets we own. We love this beautiful and useful Spring cleaning master checklist so we don’t miss a single nook or cranny! If we’re looking for extra motivation (because sometimes we need it!), it can be helpful to join along with a cleaning challenge, like this Spring Cleaning Simplicity Challenge. It’s nice to know that others are scrubbing away at their messes and getting things in order too!
And, while the actual cleaning might not be our favorite, the feeling once it’s done absolutely is! Is there a more Spring-y feeling than cleaning your house top to bottom and then adding bouquets of freshly cut garden flowers to each room? Sure, it might only happen once a year (okay, okay, once every few years), but that’s part of what makes it so special!
For those of you whose Spring cleaning style is more about shoving everything in the closet and under the bed, we see you too! We think the end goal of Spring cleaning is to feel comfortable in your home, so if that means scrubbing from top to bottom, putting a few things away, or just skipping the tradition all together this year, you do what works for you!
To celebrate the change of seasons, here are some letter board quotes about Spring cleaning. Whether you’re the Queen of Clean or more of a relaxed badger who finally has your burrow exactly right, we know you’ll find one that’s perfect for your home decor.
- So fresh and so clean!
- I dusted once. It came back. Not falling for that again.
- Having a simplified, uncluttered home is a form of self-care.
- Happiness is a freshly cleaned house.
- I’m going to start Spring cleaning today. And by Spring cleaning, I mean spraying everything with Febreze.
- I want it to be Spring so bad that I thought about cleaning.
- I’m not really into Spring cleaning. Come to think of it, I’m not into Fall, Winter or Summer cleaning either.
- “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris
- Outer order contributes to inner calm.
- Does it spark joy?
- Cleaning is a practice, not a project.
- Bless this mess I’m about to address.
- Doing the dirty work.
- This place won’t clean itself!
- I feel like I should clean my house. I’m going to lay down until the feeling passes.
- “It’s a system!” - The Home Edit