Everything in life is achieved through hard work and Labor Day is a day to celebrate those that work hard!
Since 1894, America has been celebrating its workers on the first Monday in September. Labor Day has become synonymous with the end of Summer. It’s a day for parties, picnics, and parades, as we say goodbye to warm weather and hello to a new season.
But the real purpose of the federal holiday of Labor Day is to pay tribute to workers whose efforts are the foundation of the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. Like many holidays, we may have lost some of our knowledge of the history and original significance of the day, but the celebration remains. At the heart, it’s a day for workers and their families to enjoy!
We all work hard at our jobs every single day, so having a three day weekend at the beginning of September is a chance to kick back, relax, and appreciate the fruits of our labor. We personally think that celebrating hard work by taking a break from it is a great idea! It’s an opportunity to throw some steaks on the grill, hang out with friends and neighbors, and enjoy one of the last weekends of the year where the weather is warm enough for a pool party.
We definitely believe in hard work, but if you know us, you know we also believe in celebration!
To pay tribute to effort, hard work, and achievement, here are 16 letter board quotes to celebrate Labor Day!
- No human masterpiece has been created without labor.
- “Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.” - Maya Angelou
- Work hard. Play Hard. Enjoy Hard. Rest Hard. Dream Hard. Happy Labor Day!
- Nothing is born into this world without labor.
- Work is a privilege. Rest is a gift.
- With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- Work and you’ll get what you need; work harder and you’ll get what you want.
- Work harder today than you did yesterday.
- Luck is great, but most of life is about hard work.
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” - Thomas Jefferson
- Dream big. Stay positive. Work hard.
- Nothing worth having comes easy.
- I learned the value of hard work by working hard.
- Genius begins great works. Labor finishes them.
- You don’t get there by wishing for it. You get there by working for it.