Education is the most powerful tool that we have.
We truly believe that education has the power to transform lives, to bring the darkness into light, to move us from intolerance to understanding, and to change societies for the better.
We think that true education goes beyond what’s learned in school. Of course it’s important for all of us to master reading, writing, and arithmetic. The subjects we study in our years of school give us knowledge that we need for the time after we leave school. These skills help us to build our careers and our lives.
But education is also about learning to see things from different perspectives. It’s not just the acquisition of knowledge, but also of skills. It’s not just about developing our own morals, values, beliefs, and habits, but about understanding those of others. No wonder so many incredible (and dare we say educated) people have made such lofty statements about education!
Not only is education important, but we also think it’s fun! When you find a topic that interests you, it opens up your eyes to new worlds! We know from experience that when we’re intrigued by new information, we feel inspired and motivated to learn everything we can! Plus, there are so many ways to learn - from books to online courses, in-person classes to YouTube. There is always a resource to help you discover new information, ask new questions, or learn a new skill.
Ultimately, education is never wasted. Learning is important and what we do with that learning is even more important.
Here are 18 quotes to inspire you to learn something new every day and to remind you that there is always more to learn!
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” - Malcolm X
- Education must not simply teach work - it must teach life.
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” - Albert Einstein
- An educated person is respected everywhere.
- Education is the movement from darkness to light.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” – Mahatma Gandhi
- The cure for boredom is curiosity.
- The aim of education is not knowledge but action.
- The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
- “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” -Albert Einstein
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- Never stop learning because life never stops teaching.
- First you learn to read then, you read to learn.
- It’s not just about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.
- The wisest mind has something yet to learn.
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” - John Dewey
- The most important thing we learn in school is the fact that the most important things can’t be learned in school.